Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Makeup Training - one year!

Hey internet chums.

With my second graduation fast approaching, I decided to summarise the last year of my life. I spent it training at a wonderful academy for makeup and hair. 

There where tears, tantrums, exams, essays, fall outs, laughs, glitter, dry shampoo overdose, fake blood, silicone, more tears, more laughter and a LOT of very hard work. 

Throughout the course I learnt everything from basic bridal makeup, to dressing wigs, to making moustaches for film, to blood pumping wounds, to changing someones gender and back to catwalk glamour. 

The course isn't your basic beauty degree, it trains you in every aspect of makeup in regards to fashion, special effects, hair, prosthetics and in the ins and outs of film and television. 

It was the most intense year of my life, university was hard but there were big chunks of rest and even bigger chunks of drinking and dancing. 
The academy runs 10-4 every, 5 days a week. You are constantly being assessed and analysed, it is exhausting! However this makes you work that much harder, and really prepares you for the industry myself and my class mates were striving towards. 

At the end of the year we had a big assessment, which was basically a presentation of many different makeup criteria, this was a gruelling process but well worth it in the end!

I have graduated with a Merit, the equivalent of a 2:1, and now it is time to face the big wide world of being a free lancer! I have to do my own taxes... vom. 

So here is a summery of the years work in photos, I hope you enjoy!! 

1970's Punk Rocker

Scarification Tattoo

Fashion

Before and after 
aging foragingtheatre

Before and after 
gender swap                   

Prosthetics Piece 

Chip Fat burn

Beaten up boxer


Scabies (gross)


Recreation of a famous painting



 Before and after ageing for Film
 Before and after, classic beauty

 Male makeup
 Before and after mature beauty

 Fashion
 Cat walk glitter
 Fashion mime

 1940s makeup and wig

Body painted galaxy and corset 


Beauty makeup and
      bald cap

Fashion Barbie



So!! This is some of what I have been up too in the last year! 
Its now on the next (very scary) chapter! 

Got any questions regarding my training? or any handy tips on being a freelancer? Leave me a comment :)



Dan
 xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment