Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fashion Photo Shoot


So.......

Early this week I had a photo shoot with a lovely up and coming fashion designer. It is early stages for her brand but she is hoping to sell her garments to the likes of Selfridges, Harvey Nics and Liberty London.

Her pieces are on trend whilst still holding onto a certain uniqueness that I feel you just won't find on the high street. 

The shoot was for the brans upcoming look book. Sophia the designer contacted me asking if I would be available to do the hair and makeup for the project, obviously I jumped at the chance. 
I spent sunday night throughly cleaning and sorting out my kit - removing any items I knew I wasn't going to be using, such as my dirt bag full of silicones, fake bloods... the such like. Monday morning I was buzzing, I jumped on the tube, whizzed off to Earls court, grabbed a Starbucks (necessity) and got down to business!

The desired look was a fresh, dewy nude skin. Clean, groomed brows. Nude and natural eyes and a pretty muted pink lip. For the hair Sophia asked for a simple sophisticated look, so we went for dead straight centre partings and slicked back - leaving the lengths of the hair loose behind the shoulders.






Achieving the look 


Favourite tools used 
Here are 5 little beauty tools which helped me greatly with achieving the look for the shoot.

1 - Dr Bronas Magic Soap 
This stuff is amazing! This little bottle of wonderful has fast become a staple in my kit. 
It is an oil based soap that really deep cleanses your brushes, it gets them squeaky clean but also conditions them at the same time, leaving them really soft and fluffy.  Clean brushes are a must on a shoot, not only for the obvious reasons such as hygiene, but deep conditioning your brushes will enable you to mould them back into there original shapes; keeping tapered brushes on point instead of a big domed mess!

2 - Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
Pretty self explanatory this one! I used my expert face brushes on the models to give them a flawless finish without creating a heavy or cakey base. 

3 - Mac 217
As the eye look was fairly natural I used my 217's to both pack colour all over the lid as well as adding a darker colour in the crease for definition. 

4 - Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
These really are the Rolls Royce of the curling world. Curling the eyelashes really makes the eyes look wide open, very important for photography.

5 - Illamasqua Mixing Medium 
This little guy is so handy and also has a permanent home in my kit. It turns any powder into a liquid, which means you can transform your favourite shadow shades into eyeliners. I used this on my Urban Decay Naked Basic pallet to outline the models eyes subtly for definition.


Makeup Used

From Left -

1 - Bourjois Healthy Mix in Shade 3 and 4

2 - Mac Lipstick in Myth

3 -  Nars Creaming Concealer in Vanilla and Custard 

4 - Mac Cream Colour Base

5 - Naked Basics Pallet - using the 4 middle shades (Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint)

6 - Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Just Peachy

7 - YSL Shocking Mascara in black 

8 - Naked Flushed pallet in Streak (I used the highlight and blush but not the bronze for this look)





All in all it was a great shoot, the team was lovely and the models were simply stunning. I hope to work with Sophia again in the future, her clothes are simply beautiful.... and she provided a lot of chocolate for the crew (always a bonus)!

Let me know what you think of the shoot, and if like me, you would kill someone to have legs like the lovely ladies above!

Lots of love, 
Dan
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment